IDENTITY OF DATA CONTROLLER
For the purpose of data protection law, the data controller is [PZ Cussons PLC (company number 00019457 ) of registered office Manchester Business Park, 3500 Aviator Way, Manchester, M22 5TG.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT AND WHEN DO WE COLLECT IT?
We may ask you to provide the following types of personal information when you buy a product, sign up for a newsletter or competition, create an account or use our site:
• your name;
• contact information;
• information regarding your personal or professional interests relevant to our products;
• demographics such as your date of birth, address, and gender
• photographic images, (only where needed for a competition or social media promotion); or
• experiences with our products.
Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide a smooth, efficient and customised experience for you while using our site and in order to provide you with further information about our products, services and competitions.
We will collect your personal information:
• when you register to use our site or set up an account with us;
• when you enter a competition or promotion;
• when you participate in a survey or piece of market research;
• when you contact us to ask a question, make a suggestion, report a problem or for any other reason;
• when you use interactive services on our site (such as bulletin boards, forums and features that allow you to post reviews or other materials);
• when you place an order
• details of your visits such as how long you have visited the site, pages you have viewed and resources accessed, how long you have visited particular areas of the site , how you have used any interactive features; including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and/or
• information about your device or computer, including, where available, your location, your IP address, operating system and browser type. .
If you are aged under 18, please get your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users under 18 without this consent will not be allowed to provide us with personal information.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to:
• Provide products and services – we use information to provide you with products and services you have requested, and to communicate with you about them. This information may include your product selection, your name, delivery address, payment information, your contact details and any further information needed to fulfil your order (including special delivery instructions). Without some of this information we will be unable to provide you with products and services.
• Site Registration and Activity: we use information you give us to register you as a user of our site and administer your site accounts. If you have activated cookies – we use this information to remember you on our site and provide you with a better experience on our site, such as pre-populating fields with your preferences (this might include your location). We also use information about how you use your account and our site to improve our site and better under understand user behaviour on our site. We may also report statistical information about browsing activity to our advertisers (this information does not identify you as an individual)
• Communicate promotions, competitions, surveys and market research - we use contact details you have given us, along with any other information we have about previous products and services you have bought or used, to provide you with information about our products, promotions, offers and events that we think will be of interest to you. We will also communicate with you to request your input into surveys about how you use our products, and for market research purposes. This includes messages delivered through email, sms, instant messaging and social media. To unsubscribe from marketing click here
• Respond and process enquiries, suggestions and complaints; if you make and enquiry, suggestion or complaint, or return a product, we will use that information to provide you with an appropriate solution and to improve our products, services and communications. Sometimes we need to use the information to comply with contractual and regulatory requirements.
• Legal and regulatory purposes – we may use personal data that we have gathered from you or third parties (such as law enforcement or credit reference agencies), comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons - for example to report fraudulent activity.
We want to ensure that information you receive from us is relevant to you. We may use the information you provide to us to send promotional emails which we think you may be interested in.
We will use the following types of information in order to tailor our marketing to you.
When you sign up to receive our marketing emails, we will ask you to provide certain personal information such as your name, age, postal address, telephone number,email address and date of birth. By providing us with this information, we can send you information which we think is relevant to you such as special offers, prize promotions or competitions, and birthday offers.
Placing an order
When you purchase a product from our site, we will retain information such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and your selected product. By doing this we can send you promotional emails about similar products and/or new products which you may be interested in. If you add an item to your basket but do not proceed to checkout and complete a purchase, we may keep that item in your basket the next time that you return to the site.
If you interact with us on our social media pages for example by following us or entering into a promotion/competition, we may use the information you have publically available on your social media page to contact you through your social media page in respect of promotions/competitions and/or recommend products which we think are relevant to you.
We will only send you marketing communications where there is a legal basis for us to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information at any time. To unsubscribe from marketing communications either click here or click on the 'unsubscribe' link in any marketing email which you receive from us.
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only use your personal information where that is permitted by laws that protect your privacy rights.
We will only use your personal information where:
• we have your consent (if consent is needed);
• we need to use the information for legal purposes;
• we need to use the information to perform a contract with you;
• it is fair to use the personal information either in our interests or someone else's interests, where there is no disadvantage to you (what is known as a 'legitimate interest') – this can include where it is in our interests to market additional products or services to you.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will never retain your personal data for longer than is necessary. We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfil the purposes we collected it for as set out above, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
• our service providers where necessary to make the products and services available to you such as suppliers of IT services;
• to promote our products and services to you, such as marketing agencies and social media platforms who may send targeted and automated messages to you;
• where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, our customers, or others we may share personal information with law enforcement agencies.
Your have the right to ask us for access to your information, and to change, delete or move your personal information. To exercise these rights please contact us via the form or phone number on our ‘Contact Us’ page - https://www.originalsource.co.uk/contact-us/. Further information on your rights is set out below.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request access to a copy of the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. You can make a request for access by contacting us as noted below.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the personal information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
The right to object to processing of your personal information
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal information. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If personal data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your personal information to comply with your other rights.
The right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to use your personal information to send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in any marketing email which you receive.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
Make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we have used your personal information to us by contacting as noted below, or to a supervisory authority – for the UK this is the Information Commissioner's office at https://ico.org.uk/.
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place. To accomplish this, all employees, contractors and sub-contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
To make sure all employees, contractors and subcontractors understand these responsibilities they are provided with the necessary training and resources they need.
In addition to these operational measures, we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies.
To make sure that these measures are suitable, vulnerability tests are run regularly. Audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are routinely scheduled. Additionally, all areas of the organisation are constantly monitored and measured to identify problems and issues before they arise.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We shall ensure that any such transfers are lawful by putting in place appropriate contractual undertakings, and that your personal information is kept secure in accordance with data protection legislation. For more information on how we do this please contact us as noted below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your browser or your computer's hard drive when you visit our website. The file is added to your browser or hard drive and the cookie allows the server to recognise you when you order a product or when you revisit.
To order products on our website, you need to have cookies enabled - see the section on Managing cookies. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site but you won't be able to order products. Enabling cookies can also provide you with a better experience using our site, for example to allow us to remember you and pre-populate your preferences the next time you visit.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer.
You can find more information about the cookies used on our site and the reasons why in our cookies policy further down this page.